White distilled vinegar is effective for killing most mold, bacteria and germs due to it’s high level of acidity. Vinegar is a weak form of acetic acid that is made from the fermentation of sugars and starches. White vinegar has so many different uses in the home; it is considered the “miracle cleaner”. It is pocketbook friendly, all natural, safe for pets and nontoxic. Why would you use anything else?
It is a good idea to purchase two empty spray bottles, keep one full with pure white vinegar and the other with half water and half vinegar. This just makes it easier to dispense and have on hand at all times. A person can work wonders cleaning their home naturally just armed with vinegar and water.
There are so many different uses for white vinegar in your home. Here are just a few ideas.
Vinegar mixed with water is an excellent cleaner for all kitchen surfaces like counter tops, refrigerators and stove tops. To shine chrome fixtures simply make a paste of 2 tablespoons salt and 1 teaspoon white vinegar. To clean wooden cutting boards simply just wipe with vinegar. Clean refrigerator shelves with a solution of ½ white vinegar and water.
Did you know that soaking fruit and vegetables in 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water can remove up to 98% bacteria? Soak fruit and vegetables for at least 10 minutes then rinse to get best results.
Vinegar is also useful in the laundry. To decrease lint in laundry add ½ cup straight white vinegar to rinse cycle. To make your bright’s brighter add ½ cup vinegar to the rinse cycle.
If you have pets white vinegar is a good solution to have in house. If your dog has the mishap of getting sprayed by a skunk, use dilution of vinegar and water, rub dog’s fur then rinse with warm water. Repeat a couple times. To keep dogs from scratching their ears rub them with a cloth diluted with vinegar and water.
Vinegar is so versatile in the home. You do not have to worry about the vinegar smell remaining after you use it because the smell dissipates after it dries. So, for people who believe in living green and healthy, white vinegar is a must have in the pantry closet.
Maynard MA ListingsMaynard, MA - $539,800 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1Maynard, MA - $246,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:1Maynard, MA - $258,000 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:6 - Beds:2 - Baths:1/1Maynard, MA - $274,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/1
Acton MA ListingsActon, MA - $339,000 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:1/1Acton, MA - $425,240 - Condo - Townhouse, Half-Duplex - Rooms:7 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/1Acton, MA - $461,675 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:7 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/1Acton, MA - $505,830 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:7 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/1
Sudbury MA ListingsSudbury, MA - $469,900 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/1Sudbury, MA - $1,149,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:13 - Beds:4 - Baths:3/2Sudbury, MA - $774,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:5 - Baths:2/1Sudbury, MA - $745,000 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:7 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/1
- Isaiah Maynard will ride from sea to sea March 8, 2014High school senior Isaiah Maynard with his trusty steed, a Trek 520 touring bicycle outfitted for the road. […]
- Virtual High School President to Present at 2nd Annual LearnLaunch Conference at Harvard University February 19, 2014February 18, 2014, Maynard, MA - The Virtual High School , nonprofit pioneer of K-12 online learning, today announced that its President & CEO, Jeffrey A. Elliott, will participate in a panel discussion titled Blended Learning Models: What Works? on February 28, 2014 at 6 pm at the 2nd Annual LearnLaunch Conference, being held at Harvard ... (more) […]
- Isaiah Maynard will ride from sea to sea March 8, 2014
- Price Recently Reduced on Stoneymeade Way Home March 8, 2014Located at 51 Stoneymeade Way in Acton, this spacious home recently had its asking price reduced to $1,028,000. […]
- Judge: Chelmsford police not justified in drug search March 7, 2014Drug and other charges against an Acton man and woman have been dropped by the Middlesex District Attorney's Office after a Lowell District Court judge allowed a motion to suppress evidence, ruling Chelmsford police were not justified in searching the vehicle. […]
- Acton Woman Arrested in Westford on Driving Charge March 7, 2014An Acton woman was arrested recently on a motor vehicle charge by the Westford Police Department. […]
- Waltham Police Looking for Wanted Man March 1, 2014Waltham police have asked for the public's help in locating Paul J. Rigoli, 20, of 45 Parker St., Acton. […]
- Price Recently Reduced on Stoneymeade Way Home March 8, 2014
- Trailside Circle Home Available for Just Under $1.4 Million March 8, 2014A spacious home located at 18 Trailside Circle, this Sudbury listing is currently on the market for an asking price of $1,399,000. […]
- McAuliffe Charter School Held Lottery For Its Largest Class From Its Largest Applicants Pool March 7, 2014Thursday night was a night of firsts for the Christa McAuliffe Regional Charter Public School. […]
- Chris Evans Plans to Take "a Little Break From Acting" After Marvel Contract Expires, Hopes to Direct March 6, 2014Chris Evans is headed to the silver screen this April when Captain America: The Winter Soldier hits theaters. […]
- Measles Exposure Confirmed at Atkinson Pool March 6, 2014A suspected measles case that took place in February at an Atkinson Pool swim meet has now been confirmed. […]
- Trailside Circle Home Available for Just Under $1.4 Million March 8, 2014