White distilled vinegar is effective for killing most mold, bacteria and germs due to it’s high level of acidity. Vinegar is a weak form of acetic acid that is made from the fermentation of sugars and starches. White vinegar has so many different uses in the home; it is considered the “miracle cleaner”. It is pocketbook friendly, all natural, safe for pets and nontoxic. Why would you use anything else?
It is a good idea to purchase two empty spray bottles, keep one full with pure white vinegar and the other with half water and half vinegar. This just makes it easier to dispense and have on hand at all times. A person can work wonders cleaning their home naturally just armed with vinegar and water.
There are so many different uses for white vinegar in your home. Here are just a few ideas.
Vinegar mixed with water is an excellent cleaner for all kitchen surfaces like counter tops, refrigerators and stove tops. To shine chrome fixtures simply make a paste of 2 tablespoons salt and 1 teaspoon white vinegar. To clean wooden cutting boards simply just wipe with vinegar. Clean refrigerator shelves with a solution of ½ white vinegar and water.
Did you know that soaking fruit and vegetables in 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water can remove up to 98% bacteria? Soak fruit and vegetables for at least 10 minutes then rinse to get best results.
Vinegar is also useful in the laundry. To decrease lint in laundry add ½ cup straight white vinegar to rinse cycle. To make your bright’s brighter add ½ cup vinegar to the rinse cycle.
If you have pets white vinegar is a good solution to have in house. If your dog has the mishap of getting sprayed by a skunk, use dilution of vinegar and water, rub dog’s fur then rinse with warm water. Repeat a couple times. To keep dogs from scratching their ears rub them with a cloth diluted with vinegar and water.
Vinegar is so versatile in the home. You do not have to worry about the vinegar smell remaining after you use it because the smell dissipates after it dries. So, for people who believe in living green and healthy, white vinegar is a must have in the pantry closet.
Maynard MA ListingsMaynard, MA - $264,900 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:5 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/113 hours agoMaynard, MA - $325,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:2Maynard, MA - $198,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:5 - Beds:3 - Baths:1Maynard, MA - $249,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:4 - Baths:1Maynard, MA - $309,900 - Single-Family - Split Entry - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/1
Acton MA ListingsActon, MA - $389,000 - Single-Family - Raised Ranch - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/15 hours agoActon, MA - $599,800 - Condo - Detached - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/19 hours agoActon, MA - $350,000 - Commercial - Year Built:1812 - Acres:0.3515 hours agoActon, MA - $475,000 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:8 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/116 hours agoActon, MA - $548,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/116 hours ago
Sudbury MA ListingsSudbury, MA - $2,375 - Rentals - - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:214 hours agoSudbury, MA - $399,000 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:215 hours agoSudbury, MA - $925,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:10 - Beds:4 - Baths:3/115 hours agoSudbury, MA - $429,900 - Single-Family - Colonial, Garrison - Rooms:6 - Beds:4 - Baths:1/1Sudbury, MA - $499,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/1
- Police Log: Disorderly, Drinking in Public July 21, 2014Newport Police charged a 37-year old Maynard, Mass.-man with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest early Monday morning after they responded to a report of a fight between a man and woman on a trolley. […]
- Yelp's Top 10 Ice Cream Spots in the Sudbury Area: Do You Agree? July 20, 2014When you have a hankering for ice cream on a warm summer day, sometimes it helps to see what others have to say about where to get that frozen treat. […]
- All Cash Deals Frustrate Some Boston Area House Hunters July 16, 2014Jill Read and her husband want to trade in their small Back Bay rental for a bigger place in the suburbs. […]
- Throwback Friday: Digital.com and DEC.com domain names go on the block July 11, 2014Want a piece of history? DEC.com and Digital.com, some of the last remnants of Digital Equipment Corp. minicomputer empire, are being auctioned off by current owner Hewlett-Packard. […]
- Police Log: Disorderly, Drinking in Public July 21, 2014
- Are You Following Acton's Water Conservation Schedule? July 23, 2014Acton has a strict lawn watering schedule that restricts households to one day of watering per week. […]
- Market Basket fires 7 more employees; state, municipal officials rally in support July 21, 2014Twenty-seven state legislators and two mayors signed a letter over the weekend calling for a boycott of Market Basket to support employees calling for the return of Arthur T. Demoulas, and on Sunday, some of those employees were fired. […]
- Mass. Lawmaker Proposes Statewide Plastic Bag Ban July 17, 2014Plastic shopping bags are something most shoppers take for granted, but environmentalists have a different view. […]
- Share Your News and Tips July 16, 2014Patch wants to know what's happening in Acton. Send news tips, photos, videos, or questions about local stories you want us to cover to firstname.lastname@example.org. […]
- Are You Following Acton's Water Conservation Schedule? July 23, 2014
- Public Hearing Scheduled for Tree Removal for Walkway Construction July 24, 2014Scott Taylor Sr, Sudbury's Tree Warden has announced a public hearing will take place on August 8 at 8 a.m. at the DPW's upper building. […]
- Stein: GroundHog Day and a $2.5M MouseTrap July 23, 2014Editor's Note: The following article is the content of an address prepared for the Board of Selectmen by resident and former Sudbury Finance Committee member Bob Stein. […]
- Save the Date: Sudbury's Olde Time Community Fair Set for August 23 July 22, 2014Save the date! As part of Sudbury's 375th celebration of the town's incorporation in 1639, the town is gearing up for it's Olde Time Community Fair in August, as well as a 375ht Field Day and Fireworks event in September. […]
- Traffic Alert: Final Paving This Week on Route 27 July 22, 2014Construction on Route 27 between the Sudbury town line and the intersection of Concord Road continues through the morning of Thursday, July 24. Work continues Monday and Tuesday nights from 9 p.m. through 7 a.m., with final paving scheduled for the night of Wednesday, July 23, starting at 9 p.m. and ending at 7 a.m. the next morning. […]
- Public Hearing Scheduled for Tree Removal for Walkway Construction July 24, 2014