White distilled vinegar is effective for killing most mold, bacteria and germs due to it’s high level of acidity. Vinegar is a weak form of acetic acid that is made from the fermentation of sugars and starches. White vinegar has so many different uses in the home; it is considered the “miracle cleaner”. It is pocketbook friendly, all natural, safe for pets and nontoxic. Why would you use anything else?
It is a good idea to purchase two empty spray bottles, keep one full with pure white vinegar and the other with half water and half vinegar. This just makes it easier to dispense and have on hand at all times. A person can work wonders cleaning their home naturally just armed with vinegar and water.
There are so many different uses for white vinegar in your home. Here are just a few ideas.
Vinegar mixed with water is an excellent cleaner for all kitchen surfaces like counter tops, refrigerators and stove tops. To shine chrome fixtures simply make a paste of 2 tablespoons salt and 1 teaspoon white vinegar. To clean wooden cutting boards simply just wipe with vinegar. Clean refrigerator shelves with a solution of ½ white vinegar and water.
Did you know that soaking fruit and vegetables in 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water can remove up to 98% bacteria? Soak fruit and vegetables for at least 10 minutes then rinse to get best results.
Vinegar is also useful in the laundry. To decrease lint in laundry add ½ cup straight white vinegar to rinse cycle. To make your bright’s brighter add ½ cup vinegar to the rinse cycle.
If you have pets white vinegar is a good solution to have in house. If your dog has the mishap of getting sprayed by a skunk, use dilution of vinegar and water, rub dog’s fur then rinse with warm water. Repeat a couple times. To keep dogs from scratching their ears rub them with a cloth diluted with vinegar and water.
Vinegar is so versatile in the home. You do not have to worry about the vinegar smell remaining after you use it because the smell dissipates after it dries. So, for people who believe in living green and healthy, white vinegar is a must have in the pantry closet.
Maynard MA ListingsMaynard, MA - $235,000 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:13 hours agoMaynard, MA - $284,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:6 - Beds:2 - Baths:2Maynard, MA - $279,900 - Single-Family - Farmhouse - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/1Maynard, MA - $339,999 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1
Acton MA ListingsActon, MA - $469,000 - Single-Family - Contemporary, Split Entry - Rooms:10 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/154 minutes agoActon, MA - $438,730 - Condo - Townhouse, Half-Duplex - Rooms:7 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/1Acton, MA - $415,800 - Condo - Townhouse, Half-Duplex - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/1Acton, MA - $329,900 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:6 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/1
Sudbury MA ListingsSudbury, MA - $465,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/1Sudbury, MA - $594,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:11 - Beds:5 - Baths:3Sudbury, MA - $699,450 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:16 - Beds:4 - Baths:2Sudbury, MA - $539,000 - Single-Family - Contemporary - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/1
- Maynard man killed in Vt. hit-and-run December 8, 2013Police say 64-year-old Eugene Narratt of Maynard, Mass., was struck Friday evening in the area of Western Avenue and Union Street. […]
- Marlborough police log, Dec. 6 edition December 4, 20135, Marlborough, for operating MV with license suspended/revoked, MV lights violation, warrant. […]
- How You Can Help Open Table Help Your Neighbors This Holiday Season November 21, 2013'Tis the season when many folks think about helping others. Being thankful for what they have this Thanksgiving, many will give a little bit of their love, of their time and of their shopping lists to local food pantries and anti-hunger organizations that provide food and serve dinners to the less fortunate. […]
- Littleton woman faces local adversity in search of her missing dog, Bridgett November 21, 2013Almost two years ago, Bridgett, a female Siberian husky rescued from a puppy mill , went missing from her residence in Littleton, Mass. […]
- Maynard man killed in Vt. hit-and-run December 8, 2013
- Artisan Fair at Voyagers, Aladdin Jr. Takes the Stage December 5, 2013Crafts & Artisan Fair in Acton @ Voyagers, Inc : At 1 p.m. this Friday, Dec. 6 at 530 Main St., Voyagers will host an artisan and craft fair featuring original handcrafted and unique items made by homeschool family members of all ages. […]
- Acton Organizations Teaming Up to Collect Coats for Kids December 4, 2013In this season of giving, there are no shortage of stories about adults and children alike doing their part to help the less fortunate. […]
- How to See International Space Station Flying Over Acton December 4, 2013By Todd Richissin Not all that long ago, anything like the International Space Station was reserved for science fiction and drug highs. […]
- Special Town Meeting Convenes Wednesday Night in Concord December 4, 2013To view the warrant, visit the town website . 2. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, other public meetings posted for Dec. 4 include the Tax Relief Committee at 8:30 a.m., the Public Works Commission at 6:30 p.m., the Board of Selectmen Pre Town Meeting at 6:30 p.m. and the the Planning Board at 6:30 p.m. 3. ICYMI: In case you ... (more) […]
- Artisan Fair at Voyagers, Aladdin Jr. Takes the Stage December 5, 2013
- Business of the Week: Family Garden and Market December 8, 2013Family Garden & Market is a produce and gardening shop. It sells only locally grown items. […]
- Goodnow Library 150th Grand Finale December 8, 2013Goodnow Library is holding its 150th grand finale event on Dec. 14, from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. The program will kick off with two simultaneous events: Local children's author Dara Goldman will read from her new holiday book, "Boris and Stella and the Perfect Gift." […]
- Home of the Week: Little Farms Road Cape, $319,900 December 8, 2013Built in 1964, this Cape home, near the Wayland and Sudbury borders, has more than 2,000 square feet of living space. […]
- Sudbury Police Spill the Beans on New Vandalism Case December 5, 2013A Pondview Road resident contacted the Sudbury Police Department on Dec. 4 to report her property had been vandalized. […]
- Business of the Week: Family Garden and Market December 8, 2013